The Library will accept donations of library materials and monetary gifts designated for the purchase of library materials in accordance with the following criteria:
- Materials received as gifts will be evaluated by the same standards that apply to new materials being selected.
- Everything donated to the Library becomes Library property to be used as the Library staff deems appropriate.
- The Library will not accept gifts with conditions as to their disposition or location.
- The Library is free to dispose of unneeded materials in a manner it deems necessary.
- Appraisal of gift materials is the responsibility of the donor. The Library does not appraise gifts.
The Head of Acquisitions will be responsible for handling all gifts other than monetary donations. Materials determined to be suitable for the Library will be processed in the usual manner in a timeframe that suits the Library’s needs.